SQL Server Support
We can offer SQL Server support for small and large companies. We are happy to act as a dedicated support resource for you or to work alongside your own developers and database administrators. We are able to offer training and mentoring to your own support technicians so that they learn from our expertise.
We have experience in most SQL Server technology areas, including: Analysis Services & OLAP, Bulk Import, Data Transformation Services (DTS), Full-Text Search, MDX, Replication, Reporting Services, Security, SQL-DMO, SQL Mail, SQLXML, T-SQL, SQL Server Compact Edition, SQL Server Mobile Edition.
We have two support packages to offer. There are some prerequisites for both support packages. We would, first perform a SQL Health Check. We must be able to connect to your SQL Server remotely via a VPN. We can use tools such as PC Anywhere, Remote Desktop or PC Anywhere to access SQL Server.
Standard Support (Annual Contract)
This is the standard level of support. We will monitor your SQL Server every week to identify any problems and prevent downtime. Any on-site visits would incur additional charges. We will respond to SQL Server problems you report to us within one working day. Our support activites would include:
- Check back-ups are operational, investigate and resolve problems
- Monitor back-up strategy
- Monitor database size, transaction log size, disk space
- Check performance, investigate and resolve problems
- Check database indexes, rebuild where necessary
- Check SQL Server services, SQL Agent, SQL Mail, DTC, Full-Text Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services
- Check SQL Agent jobs, investigate and resolve problems
- Check SQL Server logs and Event Log for errors, investigate and resolve problems
- Check for availability of SQL Server Service Packs and hotfixes and advise on when to apply
- 9am to 5pm support hours
Extended Support (Annual Contract)
This includes all the features of Standard Support with the addition Service Level Agreement (SLA). Our SLA provides you with:
- 2 Hour response time for emergencies
- Extended support hours
- 2 on-site visits
- Same-day call out
Ad Hoc Support
This is a flexible support arrangement that is tailored to your requirements. For example, if you already have database administrators and just need support in certain specialist areas. You can either call on our expertise and pay a fixed hourly rate or purchase consulting hours from us in advance (which is usually less expensive). If you require a contractural Service Level Agreement then we are happy to discuss your requirements.